Monday, April 4, 2011

2190: A Brand New Blog

Like it? I designed it myself. Booyah.


I'm finally going live today with a new blog I've been working on. I'm calling it 2190 (say it in two numbers: "twentyone ninety"), and it's about, for lack of a better or more succinct description, film studenting. For a better and longer description of what it's all about, go check out the first post. I'll be updating it every Wednesday at noon, starting THIS Wednesday at noon, so...look forward to that.

I'll still be using this blog for everything else. I'll be talking about my life, my opinions, my experiences--sharing whatever about whatever, whenever. I'm not interested in making this a disciplined and focused blog. I need at least one public repository to use for the unrestrained dumping of the contents of my mind.

That said, I DO want to get into the more disciplined world of blogging, so I figured I'd have to start another one that I could actually follow through with. Those of you who have followed my sad efforts at blogging up to this point probably faintly (maybe) remember my past attempts at starting new blogs. I'll ask you not to talk about them. They'll stay hidden in the ether of ambiguity for the foreseeable future.

But I'm pretty excited about 2190. I have a lot to say on the subjects I'll be tackling. Here's what I'd love from you: if you find value in my new blog, follow it. And then share it with other people you think might be interested. And, as always, I'm interested in conversation. As much as I want to write about some things, I also want to know what my readers have to say, or want to talk about.

The same goes, of course, for this blog, now and always. If you ever have a thought bubble up into your frontal lobe, let it out through your fingers in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment