Friday, June 12, 2009

A Post about YouTube

I subscribe to a blog that I rarely read [insert gasps of shock here] called Studio Daily. It's often much too technical to be of any real use to me, but some things occasionally slip through that I find fascinating and/or informative.

HERE'S ONE FOR YA:

24 HOURS of video added to YouTube every MINUTE.

I encourage you to read the post to which I linked.

Now, some thoughts.

First of all, I can't accept that more than fifteen seconds, on average, of that material is something ANYONE should or would want to watch. My coworker/friend/fellow film student and I were tossing out possible common tags for all of this bilge that gets saved somewhere in a warehouse full of harddrives.

First one - "cat sleeping"
[A YouTube search yields over 13 thousand results.]

Next - "ball rolling"
[Nearly 32 thousand results]

Here, my dear friends, is one of the top hits:



What does this mean? It means that at least 30 thousand people should probably be beaten to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment