Monday, May 11, 2009

Oh, Politics...

I can't stand this anymore.

I do a lot of reading, and up to now, it's mostly just been for my own benefit. I like to be informed, to however small a degree, of what's going on around me. I live in a country I love, and I want it to stay the safest, strongest, most prosperous, and most philanthropic nation in the world. It's been that way for generations, and I don't want to have to see that change in my lifetime.

Well what can I do? Like I said, I read a lot. I vote. I even went to a rally recently (you've probably heard something about these so-called Tea Parties). But what else?

I've got this blog that I don't use often enough. Ostensibly, it's supposed to touch occasionally on political issues. But I don't feel comfortable or informed enough to put a lot of what I read into my own words, so what to do?

From now on, I will direct anyone who comes here to one post per day about something I think is pertinent. I'm sure I'll include my own commentary most of the time, but perhaps not always. Anyway, you can feel free to read or ignore these posts, but at least be aware that if it gets tacked onto my blog, I think it's important. I promise not to waste your time.

And don't worry, I'll still post movie reviews whenever they're appropriate and/or necessary, and other cool things as they come. There will simply be a whole lot more political blogging going on from my end as well.

For today, please go here. If you've talked politics with me at all, you'll know that my greatest frustration with the government is fiscal irresponsibility--and I'm not talking about minor mismanagement of funds. No, better to think of the government as a 13-yr-old with a no-limit credit card. Anyway, click on that link and read that short post. It's sobering, but also enlightening. And, I should say, sorry for the bad news.

No comments:

Post a Comment