Sunday, December 21, 2008

I'll Eye YOUR Eagle

OK, so I finally saw Eagle Eye, which I intended to see when it came out because, you know, it had Shia Lebeouf and Michelle Monaghan and a really sweet trailer.

Turns out that it was...kinda fun. It was like an edgier, more serious, less plausible, more politically charged version of Live Free or Die Hard, actually, all told. I'll waste no more effort explaining the comparison. You'll either see it or not.

I like this kid Shia, gotta tell you. Also, Michelle is just a really lovable actress. Strengths. Premise...NSA accidentally invents...Skynet?

Last time I BLAGGED, I talked about not talking about films about which I fail to be passionate. There was only one aspect of this film that struck a chord, and I'll leave it to a better writer than myself to explain. I'll pull one quote:
And at the end, sure enough, we get the Moral: Yes, the government must try to gather intelligence in order to protect the people, but Not This Way.
OSC's review of Eagle Eye is the concluding bit of a rather long article. Feel free to read it all, but them's directions if you want 'em.

Anyway. Yeah. I'll let him do the talking.

2 comments:

  1. I love that article!
    "I've got a lot of DVDs I can stay home and watch. Maybe Hollywood can stop trying to preach their ignorant groupthink dogmas at us and start earning our entertainment dollars again. They certainly know how -- make good movies, and we'll be back in the theaters. The movie business did just fine during the Great Depression; it isn't tight money that empties the theaters."

    Awesome awesome awesome. Times ten.
    Props to Orson Card.

    ReplyDelete