Friday, June 13, 2008

Gas Prices are Murdering My Family: How You Can Help

So, I've stated that this blog will occasionally be about politics. Well, here goes the first politically tinged post. (I have not forgotten that the second "wonderful" movie I mentioned in my last post has yet to receive my long-awaited review...soon, I promise.)

I subscribe to the Power Line Blog (I have been converted whole-heartedly to RSS Feeds and, by extension, Google Reader), and today, I was directed to this site. It's a petition that says this:

"We, therefore, the undersigned citizens of the United States, petition the U.S. Congress to act immediately to lower gasoline prices (and diesel and other fuel prices)* by authorizing the exploration of proven energy reserves to reduce our dependence on foreign energy sources from unstable countries."

Over 700,000 people have signed so far, I hear. Sure it's a long shot, but if you're tired of gas stations eating your soul, you should click here and put your name down. At least it's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment