Monday, March 31, 2008

The fear of boredom

I go to college, work on films, go to church, sing in a choir, spend time with friends, date (sporadically), watch a LOT of movies, read books, work a great job, and, sometimes, when I'm being very productive, work on my novel or engage in other creative literary enterprises. And still, 90% of the time, I'm either bored or stressed that I'm not doing enough with my life. This is why I'm a film student, which both solves and worsens the problem. If I'm looking to legitimize my life, then it often seems counterintuitive to pick this, of all things, to study in college. However, I'm less confident in film's power to bore than I am in almost anything else. So it appears I'm stuck.

I'm so open now because I can be pretty certain that few people will read this. Look how brave I am.

1 comment:

  1. It might help to add a picture, a video, or music. :) Good luck with the blag.
    Yours, Ben

    ReplyDelete