Friday, February 15, 2008

Yes, I'm naming this "First Post"

So I got this blog, here. I want to say something like, "I told myself I would never do this, but..."
BUT, I don't think that's true. Earlier today, one of my coworkers said, "I've been meaning to start a blog, but..."
And then I said, "Hey, maybe I should do a blog."
And he said, "Yeah, you totally should. It's way easy."
And I said, "Yeah, good idea, I will."
Now here I am. Do I feel dumb? A little. I'm reminded of my opinion of blogs years ago when they were emerging as the next great Internet revolution. I thought to myself, "Do people actually expect anyone to read or care about their stupid online journal?"
Well, no, they don't. I grew up a little since then and figured out why these things are useful. It saves me updating my faraway friends on my life over the phone.
That way, when people ask me, "So what's up with your life these days?" I can reply, with some amount of pride, and perhaps a slightly greater measure of embarrassment, "Oh, just check out my website. Friend." (Because it's likely that I will have forgotten this person's name.)
No, it's not a website, but I'll call it that because I've always been and will probably always be far too lazy to create the real thing for myself.
I'm feeling like this first post is proving to be long-winded and mostly pointless, so I think I'll go ahead and stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment